Wednesday, March 13, 2013

International Tea Party

Hello Russian Club!

We've been invited to take part in the International Tea Party!



Description: C:\Users\jdelafue\Desktop\tea party.jpg

I think it's a great idea - and if we do, I would suggest this tea. It has a very nice black current and strawberry flavor, perfect served hot on a windy day~

http://www.gongfugirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/nostalgia_tea_box.jpg

I await your thoughts! Should we make tea-cakes? Would anyone like to come over the night before and make them with me? (I'm thinking IF we make some, we should make 100-200.)

The recipe is pretty simple.

In my 'family cookbook' these are called 'Russian Communist Tea Cakes'. However I am sure they predate the USSR, LOL

A little something about Russian tea culture

I will ask if the university has a samovar on hand - but I highly doubt it. We may have to simply make use with a standard kettle...though I've always wanted a samovar personally and may just have to watch ebay for an affordable opportunity.

So~~~ who's in for a tea party?

Side note: my uncle is in the hospital currently and I'm not sure what each day will bring, so it is very possible that I will not be at our meeting. Our president, Stephanie will do an amazing job leading -  am very confident!

Конечно, я надеюсь, впереди, и надеюсь на хорошие новости в моей семье. до связи, мои друзья!

~Клара 



4 comments:

  1. I want to go to the international tea party! what a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want you to go tooo!!! I wish you could come up - there are lots of wonderful international groups - I'm sure it'll be an excellent event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would be a great idea to do this and promote Russian club some more! I'd be willing to come over and help make the tea cakes. That would be on Wednesday night to make them and Thursday late arvo, correct? Dance is over, for the most part so I am available alot more!!!

    Sidenote: You and your family are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your prayers Steph, we can plan when to make the cakes via fb I will message you about my schedule :)

    ReplyDelete